MCTS System Center 2012 R2 Data Protection Manager Certification Training
(Leads to MCTS: System Centre Data Protection Manager Certification)
System Center 2012 – Data Protection Manager (DPM) enables disk-based and tape-based data protection and recovery for servers such as SQL Server, Exchange Server, SharePoint, virtual servers, file servers, and support for Windows desktops and laptops. DPM can also centrally manage system state and Bare Metal Recovery (BMR).
System Center 2012 Data Protection Manager is intended for data center administrators who will be responsible for designing, installing, and configuring a private cloud infrastructure. Students will learn how to monitor the private cloud, and setup, configure, and integrate the core System Center 2012 – Service Manager Components into the private cloud infrastructure. Students will learn how to configure a service catalog and publish this catalog to the self-service portal. So, they will gain the knowledge required to deploy and configure System Center 2012 – Data Protection Manager (DPM) and Orchestrator in a private cloud, and integrate these products with other System Center 2012 components.
MCTS System Center 2012 Data Protection Manager Certificated Person can look for the following areas as their career path:
- Systems administrator
- Level 2 support desk
- Service desk analyst
- Technical consultant
- System support officer
- IT support engineer and other Microsoft client/server related jobs
MCTS Data Protection Manager Certification Training Prerequisites:
A student who wants to be System Centre 2012 Administrator can learn this course.
MCTS Data Protection Manager Certification Training Course Content:
- Plan a DPM deployment.
- Install and configure DPM and the protection agent.
- Protect basic workloads with DPM.
- Protect client workstations with DPM.
- Protect enterprise applications Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SharePoint Services and virtual machines using DPM.
- Backup and recovery of data with DPM servers.
- Backup and restore system state and bare metal recovery with DPM servers.
- Backup and restore Hyper-V virtual machines.
- Using generic VSS provider backup and restore.
- Enable end user recovery tools for the file system and SQL databases.
- Protect and Recovery DPM Servers.
- Identify and resolve problems with DPM servers, protection agents, and protected data.